- Are you a person who likes to perceive closely, think critically, and then create meaning? Would you like to help others do so?
- Are you interested in arts experiences, and sharing those experiences with others?
- Are you curious, calm and keen to initiate and move conversations forward?
- Are you a good listener?
- Are you able to summarise opinions and responses from others without colouring them with your own judgement?
Then this opportunity may be for you.
Train to be a facilitator in the CRITICAL RESPONSES METHODOLOGY with Judy Harquail from Ontario Presents, Ottawa, Canada.
How do we talk about a performance we experienced? How do our audiences? Critical Response demonstrates simple and effective methods to generate audience feedback through dialogue and guided conversation. It allows audiences to grow, connect, question, and draw meaningful insight from the artwork they experience.
Pickle Factory Season 2 scheduled for November 2019 will feature Indian and foreign artists from classical and contemporary dance, physical theatre, multimedia performance, puppetry and circus theatre. Judy Harquail – well-known and well-travelled Critical Responses facilitator from Canada – will work with a group of trainees in Calcutta to develop them into certified facilitators in their own right.
– Train with Judy Harquail in the methodology
– Observe her conducting audience discussions
– Conduct audience discussions themselves
– Receive feedback from Judy Harquail
Training Dates: 1 to 9 November 2019
Timings 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (with some shorter variations, and along with some evening performances)
Venue: Kolkata Centre for Creativity (performance venues vary)
Apply with a CV and an expression of interest (within 1000 words) to email@example.com. Open to applicants from anywhere in India, though we have a focus on east and north-east India
Course Charges: Rs. 3,500/- (payable on selection)
Deadline for applications: 31 August 2019
Intimation of Selection: 10 September 2019
Please note that selected candidates will be expected to commit to the whole training programme, and will be expected to be available to conduct at least two more audience conversations for the rest of the Season schedule in November. The Season runs from 1 to 24 November 2019.