Project Aims /
The country showcases in Voices from the South seek to:
- create new international opportunities for performing artists
- improve global access to the Edinburgh Fringe platform and break down barriers to participation
- establish long-term outcomes for artists including routes to the Fringe and other international opportunities
- introduce EdFringe audiences and presenters to high-quality and diverse performance work by artists from Global South regions
Apply for the
India Showcase 2022-23 /
We invite proposals from performing artists based in India looking to create new performance pieces over 2022-23. Work could span dance, theatre, music, physical theatre, performance art, circus, puppetry, multidisciplinary work and more. Financial support and cross-cultural exchanges will be offered to five selected pieces. These will premiere at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe in August 2023 on a shared digital platform alongside work from Brazil, Mexico and South Africa.
- live performance reimagined into digital, which can be presented and toured in live or digital formats
- digital versions of performance that can only be toured live
- work created specifically for the digital environment
Artists must commit to engaging with the project over a 20-month period – April 2022 to November 2023. Phase 1 (April-Dec 2022) will focus on project development and Phase 2 (Jan-Nov 2023) will focus on creation. There will be regular opportunities for peer to peer engagement and exchange between artists and partners from all participating countries during the whole period.
Prospective applicants can join us for three online information sessions:
- 6.30pm to 7.30pm IST | Wednesday, 9 February 2022
- 6.30pm to 7.30pm IST| Saturday, 19 February 2022
- 12.30pm to 1.30pm IST| Tuesday, 1 March 2022
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +91 98363 42110 to register.
More Questions /